GET THE NATURAL LOOK
Our household aisles may appear to be lined with just dishwashing liquid and toothpaste, but there are real gems to be discovered.
Take hard-to-find Pear’s Soap, for example. Pear’s Classic Glycerine Soap, first produced and sold in 1807, continues to win accolades for its gentle, yet effective cleansing, and its clean scent.
Did you know it’s also a beloved beauty tool? A trend on the rise thanks to Instagram and YouTube, and ultimately inspired by millennial favourite beauty-brand Glossier’s boy brow, eyebrows are taking a departure from uber filled-in and over-penciled to a more natural look. You can now perfect your natural shape with simply soap and water.
Here’s how: Wet a spoolie brush with water and massage bristles into the bar of soap until you have a light paste. Lightly brush brows upward and let dry to set them in place.
GO WITH YOUR GUT
HBFitTV’s Hannah Bronfman and L.A. based Tracy Piper recently sat down to discuss “Internal Fitness” covering everything from Chinese face-mapping to how your health is linked to what’s going on in your gut. Who’s on board with the idea that our gut is our first brain?! It was a good reminder to stock up on fermented foods and products filled with probiotics.
In our basket this week:
– Bio-K Plus! Probiotic Supplement ($25.99), Liberté Raspberry Kefir ($4.99), and Rise Mint & Chlorophyll’s Kombucha ($4.99)
THE DAILY GRIND
Next time you make your morning brew, don’t throw away the grounds – recycle them into a nourishing skin exfoliator!
It takes just two simple ingredients to achieve smooth skin all summer long: coffee grounds and coconut oil.
This not only sloughs off dead skin cells, but remnants of caffeine stimulate the skin’s surface helping reduce the appearance of cellulite and make skin glow. Bonus: It makes all the difference when applying self-tanner. Good to try:
– Illy Espresso Dark Ground ($12.99), Muskoka Roastery New “Aki” blend ($17.99), and Bulletproof French Kick Roast ($24.99)
HYDRATE ON THE GO
Speaking of glowing skin, promote healthy looking skin by eating foods rich in nutrients and antioxidants and drinking hydrating waters and other nutrient- and electrolyte-rich beverages.
There are so many on the market – how to choose?
Our top picks:
– Coconut waters are popular – just be sure you’re choosing one low in sugar (we love Harmless Harvest bottles ($7.49 ea.)
- Flow Water is a naturally alkaline spring water, full of minerals & electrolytes, helping you stay hydrated for longer and recover from exercise quickly (only $1.99 ea.)
– Have you tried Biosteel High Performance Sports Drink Packets? Stash these convenient sugar-free packets in your purse and gym bag to ensure you stay hydrated, no matter how hot it is outside. ($19.99)
KEEPing IT CLEAN’
Did you know we are one of the few places in Toronto carrying the full line-up of Meyer’s cleaning products? Keep your skin calm and the environment happy with their selection of hand soaps, lotion, body wash and detergents, fabric softener, candles and more (including the limited edition peony, mint and lilac scents at $7.99 ea.). We also love The Honest Co.’s selection of laundry detergent, shampoos, conditioner and soaps.
Add these items to your cart: Mrs. Meyers Limited Edition Peony Dish Soap ($7.99), The Honest Co. Multi Use Cleaner ($9.99), and The Unscented Co. Dishwasher Tabs ($19.99).
*Readers of our blog will receive 20% off all Meyers cleaning products from now until July 30th. Print this blog and bring it with you to receive your discount at the front cash. All prices subject to change without further notice.