In our latest #SHMSuperfan Series, we’ve teamed up with the customers who not only shop at our store on a regular basis–but those who really go the extra mile to show their love and support for our stores. This month, we’re featuring Seerlee of @serleearcher as our November Summerhill Superfan. We interviewed her for more insight on her favourite SHM products and why she loves them.
1.Describe your food style (or your family’s) in a few sentences:
Definitely foodies here! I live with my sister, and it’s a balance of trying new recipes, getting enough greens while still being able to indulge!
How did you first find Summerhill Market?
I think I found Summerhill Market on Instagram! After seeing all the brands, they carried, I was hooked. I used to go to Florida every year and spend hours in the grocery store just amazed at the selection. It’s a real treat to have everything local!!
How long have you been shopping at Summerhill Market?
About 6 months!
Have you tried our online store yet?
Not yet – but soon! I’m a sucker for a grocery store… I could spend hours in Summerhill hahah!
What are your top 10 MUST HAVE ITEMS that you shop for at Summerhill Market?
- Sundried Tomatoes w/ garlic by Summerhill I put these in a Siete Almond Flour Tortilla with pesto, feta and Rotisserie style BBQ chicken from Summerhill Market.
- Siete Almond Flour Tortilla’s: I use these for breakfast or lunch. In the morning, it’s great with eggs, bacon, salsa + cheese. For lunch, I make my go to wrap (see #1)
- Summerhill Rotisserie style BBQ chicken. During the work week, I use this for salads or wraps. Makes life so easy.
- Nutpods Vanilla Creamer for my morning coffee
- Rao’s Marinara, perfect for a weeknight pasta
- Tate’s Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies: so good at any time of the day haha!
- Evive Touk Touk Smoothie Cubes, great for breakfast if I’m not super hungry, or in the afternoon to tide me over until dinner
- BirchBenders Paleo Pancake Mix, If I’m working from home or just have more time in the morning, I’ll make these for breakfast
- Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk. I use this for my protein shakes post workout.
- La Croix, Grapefruit: More exciting than plain water, I usually drink this while eating my lunch!
Any specific shopping tip for our stores or cooking tip/foodie tip you’d like to share with our online community?
Not much of a tip, but I would just encourage others to allow meals to become something special again. Not something rushed, but a time to come together over good food and good conversation. While we are still practicing social distancing (on some level), I think the dinner table is the perfect place to come together with those closest to us.
You can find Seerlee @seerleearcher on Instagram, and stay tuned for the next #SHMSuperfan in our latest series over at @summerhillmkt.