If you’re looking for a go-to Canadian dessert, it doesn’t get more classic than BUTTER TARTS!
We asked you to tell us how you preferred your tarts, and more than 71% of you prefer them with raisins. So we’re packing them full of plump, juicy California Raisins (which happen to be the best raisins in the world) and are churning them out of our bakery to make sure they’re fresh and fully stocked.Our secret to the perfect tart (aside from the ideal balance between sweet filling to raisin ratio) is the way our pastry chefs line the pastry in the pans so they don’t crack, leak or fall apart. We also make our filling with perfect part sweetness and then balance it with a subtle texture change with the raisins. Did you know that raisins are a nutritionally sweet superfood? Since we use the ones from California we like to think there’s an extra bit of sunshine in our butter tarts (which we can all use this time of year). Here’s a litte more on why we love this raisin so much.
California Raisins are:
- are all natural
- are fat and cholesterol free
- are naturally low in sodium
- are naturally sweet, no-added sugar
- contain 6% of the DV for potassium
- contain 7% of the DV for fibre – a desirable and essential nutrient
- are a source of concentrated nutrients
- are known to contain phytonutrients that suppress the growth of oral bacteria associated with cavities and gum disease
If you’re having trouble getting a dozen of our raisin butter tarts home, we recommend buying two dozen because they’re just that tempting to eat on the way home.
To learn more about California Raisins, visit: californiaraisins.ca. Note: These butter tarts are made in partnership with California raisins.