There’s a reason why ‘Chicken Soup for the Soul’ is not just a saying.
Holding a warm bowl of soup on a chilly day is one of the most simple pleasures in life. We all know that feeling of inhaling the steam from the bowl, letting it curl and caress your face. The first spoonful’s gut feeling of warmth radiating out, melting stress away. Soup can be incredibly nourishing, it’s what we bring to our loved ones when they are ill, or going through difficult times of transition. It’s a food that expresses love, and right now we could probably use more of that in our lives.
We’ve gathered a list of some of our favorite soups, starting with breakfast soups. It’s a cozy and healthy way to start your day:
- Grains in Herby Buttermilk by Bon Appetit
- A savoury and healthy way to start your day, this might just replace your favourite green smoothie in the morning.
- Ginger Chicken Congee by Goop
- A creamy rice porridge with warm ginger and tender chicken is comforting and nourishing way to start any busy day.
- Hominy Corn Porridge by Now You’re Cooking
- A traditional Jamacian breakfast, spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg for extra warmth:
Lunch & Dinner Soups:
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons by Chef Sous Chef
- Melted cheese and crispy bread are a simple upgrade on everyone’s favourite:
- Butternut Squash Soup by Love & Lemons
- Classic and simple, this is the perfect soup to make this month:
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Chorizo by Basically Healthy
- Creamy, without any dairy, this paleo friendly soup is an great weeknight dish:
- Keto Egg Drop Soup by iheart Umani:
- Gluten free, and low carb, this egg drop soup is simple to prepare
- Spiced Chickpea Stew with Coconut and Turmeric by Allison Roman
- With over 14k reviews, this soup pretty much broke the internet.
- Roasted Squash Soup with Garam Masala by Nik Sharma
- A twist on the classic, this soup dials up the flavour and brings in an extra punch of spice:
- Granny’s One Pot Dinner – Wife of a Grocer
- Hearty and easy to make, this is a sure crowd-pleaser!