We are always looking for enthusiastic, reliable, goal-oriented people who share our passion for food and customer service. We offer full-time positions with excellent remuneration, opportunity for advancement and benefits after one year of service. Kindly fill up our online application form link below, save your information (SAVE AS A NEW FILE) and upload it to the online form.
In the description box below, please include the TITLE or POSITION you are looking to apply for.
Position Title: Produce Department Supervisor
Department: Produce Department
Immediate Supervisor: Produce Manager
The Produce Department Supervisor is responsible for planning and directing the day-today operations of the Produce department with the Produce Manager. This includes working closely with our buyer in the inventory and ordering of all Fruits and Vegetables and with the produce production manager and juicing team for all Salads and Juices. Another key role is developing strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability. The Produce Department Supervisor ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient. They also ensure that all products and displays are merchandised effectively. We are looking for a hands on Supervisor that will work closely with our staff, customers and suppliers to provide the best in what Summerhill has to offer.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a member of the Summerhill Market team, you will conduct yourself with integrity and are committed to providing the best possible service to Summerhill’s customers, staff and clients
- Oversee Produce Department operations;
- Responsible for ordering, inventory and wastage monitoring;
- Merchandising of all tables, merchandisers and product displays;
- Optimizing sales and service through direct customer interaction as well as providing coaching and management of their team’s sales and service tasks;
- Handle product damages and credits according to company policy;
- Must be familiar with produce and produce products;
- Meet with upper management on a regular basis to provide information and advise on any department issues including staffing issues, customer issues, merchandising opportunities and forecasting;
- Human resource management, including: hiring, training and handling any disciplinary issues that may arise;
- Training staff, supervising their work and creating schedules
- Is a key holder for the store and responsible for closing duties
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers with regard to new product implementation, samplings, establishing deals and receiving the best possible prices and rebates;
- Must be able to work any and all shifts, working a varied schedule in order to have the best overview of department operations. This means the ability to work weekends & holidays, openings & closings as necessary;
- Ensure all health and safety standards are met.
Positions Supervised Directly: 6-12
Hourly rate from $18-$20 per hour, based on experience.
May join Group Benefits plan after 3 month probation period.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Friendly and pleasant personality with exceptional communication and customer service skills;
- Expert product knowledge and knowledge of store offerings;
- Creative with the ability to plan and prepare new offerings exclusive to Summerhill Market;
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less;
- Ability to deliver written and oral instructions and procedures;
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a Produce Department (or related);
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing people;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Gmail and OneDrive;
- Completion of secondary school is preferred;
- WHMIS and Health and Safety training an asset
The Summerhill Market is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: Aboriginal people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, new Canadians and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community and women.